compensation: $40-75k DOE employment type: full-time telecommuting okay
QR Code Link to This Post
Do you have the experience to lead and grow a customer service team renowned for its support? Can you work from home, but successfully manage a unified, motivated, and accountable service team?
Work with a virtual, 10+ year software-as-a-service company selling an established sales acceleration product to SMB's throughout the USA & Canada. Our entrepreneurial, fun, family-run business has a fantastic work environment, and consists of over 40 people working remotely across the country. We're looking for a work-at-home Customer Support Manager to manage and build upon our dedicated 8-person customer support team.
The successful candidate will be reliable, organized and a honest professional with experience and maturity to:
• Dramatically increase retention and usage of our product by providing fast, effective, friendly and helpful customer support
• Manage, grow, and develop a best-in-class, customer support team
• Become an expert on our product to help train and support our CS team
• Monitor all Customer Service Representatives to ensure customer emails/calls are answered within a set time period
• Lead our entire CS team and jump in and provide direct customer help when needed
• Own, operate and optimize support tools and processes--this includes rules, automations, knowledge base, and feedback collection
• Utilize our dashboards and Zendesk system to actively support our customers
• Cooperate with our sales, onboarding and success teams to support customers at all phases of their relationship with us
• Establish relationships with our customers with a positive, caring attitude and a smile (most of our customers are SMB sales teams - direct experience working with these types of customers is a big plus, but not required)
You need to be:
• A people-person who genuinely loves helping others - our customers and CS team alike
• Extraordinarily detail-oriented - a note-taker, a list-maker, always organized
• A data-centric person who appreciates reports and likes making data-driven decisions
• Someone who appreciates using tools, processes and working from dashboards
• Someone who enjoys working from home and is comfortable managing a remote team
• An excellent wordsmith who can quickly and professionally address questions and requests
• A prompt person who respects others time and is comfortable having and meeting deadlines
• Someone who is comfortable with technology and learning new software - you should be an expert using Zendesk, G-Suite and CRM systems
• Able to discuss technically detailed processes and integrations with customers who are both tech-savvy and non-technical
• Ability to handle escalated customer issues directly with customers
• Very comfortable on video chat (we use Zoom) and be open to using and recording video for internal and customer use
• Self-motivated to work diligently at home and inspire the CS team to do the same
• A "can do" customer-focused individual who makes customer problems your problems
Some additional goals:
• Ensure we are creating a world-class customer support team
• With the support of our lead engineer and training manager, help create a great training program for the customer support team - both initial training and ongoing training
• Regularly 'spot-check' calls, emails and chats to ensure top level service
• Monitor metrics to ensure quick response times
• Coordinate and manage team schedules and coverage with the help of our administrator
• Review standardized performance metrics to provide guidance and feedback for continued growth and improvement in employees
• Empower the team to develop internal and customer-facing documentation and knowledge base articles to help improve standards of support
(please don't apply if you don't meet all required skills)
• Proven ability to hire, build and manage an amazing customer support team
• Self-starter -- ready to take responsibility and see tasks through to completion
• Highly organized in working quickly and dealing with a lot of internal and external input
• Able to type at least 50 wpm as this is a fast-paced position
• Impeccable writing skills and very personable on the phone and on video
• An "expert browser user" and skilled with navigating the web and finding information quickly
• Self-motivated learner able to easily learn from watching online training videos
• The ability to create organized systems for the team to follow
• Ability to work with discretion and confidentiality
Other important 'nice-to-have' qualities:
• You've built a CS team before and might even have a few CS team members in mind as future hires
• Intercom experience a plus
• Familiar with call center metrics, reporting, and standards a plus
• Knowledge Base experience a plus
• You have experience working in sales or with sales professionals
• Entertaining personality who likes to get a lot done while having fun
• A technological proficiency and love for technology as we are selling software
• Enthusiastic, reliable and self-sufficient
• College degree and at least 2 years of relevant experience
Your work location will be your home office 98% of the time. Possible offsite and training in San Diego and Orange County, CA
This position offers some flexibility for stay-at-home moms or dads who need a flexible schedule working from home, something intellectually challenging, and a great way to make a difference in the lives of our customers.
We will perform a complete background check and will call multiple references you provide, including previous employers.
This is a full-time position and pay is from $40-75k. Starting pay will depend on your experience and expertise in the specific skill sets cited above.
To manage our Customer Support department
Position Reports To:
Vice President of Customer Success
You must have your own FAST computer (new Mac preferred but not required, SSD drive highly recommended), reliable high-speed Internet access, a quiet office, high-quality headset, HD webcam and a mobile phone.
Benefits you can expect as an employee:
• Flexible work schedules--we trust you to know what will make yourself most productive
• Funds available for professional development
• A generous charity matching program
• Supportive work environment and a manager who is focused on your professional growth
We are committed to building an inclusive and diverse workforce.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer.
How To Apply:
Please reply via this posting.
Use this subject line: Customer Support Manager - Application XX-XX-2018
(please change to the date you apply)
Please include a 1-page cover letter as to why you think you would be a good fit in PDF format, and also a separate copy of your resume, also in PDF format.
Thank you for your time and interest!
Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.
do NOT contact us with unsolicited services or offers
OK to highlight this job opening for persons with disabilities