Maintenance Mechanic is responsible for troubleshooting, repairing, and maintaining machinery and mechanical/electrical equipment such as motors, conveyor systems, pneumatic and hydraulic systems, production machines, boilers, pumps, material handling equipment, bulk delivery equipment, blending/mixing systems. Continues change-overs needed for package and containers, as well as Preventive Maintenance Orders.
Duties and Responsibilities
• Strong mechanical, electrical, troubleshooting and design skills
• Analyze mechanical, pneumatic, cam driven, hydraulic or electrical problems and make repairs through adjustments, defective parts replacement, or fabrication.
• Ability to read and/or interpret blueprints or schematics
• Teamwork, creativity, and problem analysis skills
• Continuous standing, walking, handling, reaching, feeling, and hearing
• Frequent bending, kneeling, climbing and the use of repetitive motions of hands/wrists
• Ensure operation of machinery and mechanical equipment by completing maintenance requirements (both planned and unplanned) on production, packaging, processing equipment, and utility systems (to provide a continuous supply of heat, steam, cooling, electrical, power, gas, or air required for operations).
• Read, analyze and interpret technical procedures, electrical schematics, service manuals and work orders to perform required maintenance and service
• Repair and maintain plant machinery and equipment such as gear boxes, motors, conveyors, compressors, and pumps.
• Repair or replace control devices such as switches, photo eyes, proximity sensors, push-buttons, motor starters, etc. as needed
• Repair and maintains mechanical equipment, hydraulic systems, conveyor systems, gear boxes, and air handling units.
• Use a variety of hand and power tools, electric meters and material handling equipment in performing duties
• Strong work ethic and ability to work independently or on a team.
• Self-directed and self-motivated.
• Strong organizational, communication and interpersonal skills.
• Organized - strong attention to detail and follow-up.
Education and/or Experience:
High School Diploma or GED Equivalent;
You must pass required assessments for attention to detail, math and dexterity to qualify for this job.
Two to four years of practical experience in maintenance field, preferably in high speed food production setting