Verify and maintain records on incoming and outgoing shipments. Prepare items for shipment. Duties include assembling, addressing, stamping, and shipping merchandise or material; receiving, unpacking, verifying and recording incoming merchandise or material; and arranging for the transportation of products. While performing the functions of this job the employee is regularly required to sit/stand, use their hands, handle or feel and reach with hands and arms.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. International shipping experience a must
2. Create accurate shipping labels using UPS Worldship
3. Create accurate shipping labels using FedEx Shipping Manager.
4. Inspecting the received goods, making note of any damages and discrepancies, and immediately reporting the same.
5. Counting, sorting, and weighing all inbound goods and authenticating the receipt of the same in accord with the shipping note.
6. Excellent attention to detail. Keeping a record of all received goods
7. Continually verify packaged goods match order prior to shipment.
8. Responsible to make arrangements for pick-up by the carrier specified on the customer's purchase order which is conveyed to the shipping clerk by final inspection via the shipping instructions.
9. Completing all legal formalities, procedures and paper work for receiving the goods.
10. Maintain the work area and equipment in a clean and orderly condition and follow prescribed safety regulations.
11. Report defective materials or questionable conditions to the department supervisor.
12. Sound judgement Implementing the quality standards set by the company
13. Be able to work fast and accurately.
14. Be available for full-time work
15. Be able to sit/stand on your feet and work 8 to 12 hours per day
16. Production/Warehouse experience preferred, but not required
17. Be able to work overtime. Overtime is Mandatory
18. Other duties and projects as assigned
1. Strong work ethic and ability to work independently or on a team.
2. Self-directed and self-motivated.
3. Strong organizational, communication and interpersonal skills.
4. Organized - strong attention to detail and follow-up.
5. Should have strong communication skills and the knowledge of using a PC for data entry.
6. Knowledge of the safety, legal and handling procedures of goods.
Education and/or Experience:
1. International shipping experience is REQUIRED (must be able to discuss your experience during screening and interview)
2. Must have experience and be proficient with software's: UPS World ship and FedEx Shipping Manager.
3. High School Diploma or GED Equivalent;
4. You must pass required assessments for attention to detail, math and dexterity to qualify for this job.
5. Forklift experience preferred (sit down and stand up)
Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.
do NOT contact us with unsolicited services or offers