QR Code Link to This Post
We are a small team of writers and editors seeking high quality ghostwriters to produce content in a number of worlds and series. (You may have seen our other Craigslist adverts).
We have an immediate position available specifically for Science Fiction writers.
You must also be fluent in written US English, well-versed in writing action, and able to write both exciting scenes and deep, nuanced characters that draw the reader in. Our goal is to meet and exceed our clients' expectations, so flexibility in your writing style and attitude is essential to the process.
Some important things to note:
1. If your writing is full of 'walked', 'said', 'looked', or 'nodded' we're probably not a good fit
2. If you use repeated words and phrases within the same paragraph, we're not a match
3. We also don't like long narratives with lots of 'all-knowing' narrator explanation. We prefer to let the characters' actions and dialog reveal what's going on in the characters' minds
4. One of the series we're hiring for is in the Harem genre, so experience in writing Harem or erotica would be an asset. This genre isn’t about writing sex scenes – in fact, if you’re not into writing “on screen sex” that’s cool. We mostly fade to black anyway. However, what is important are the dynamics between the man and the females in the harem. The man is not a jock, nor is he a push over. He’s protective of and responsible to the women in the group. The way he interacts with them is primarily “classy”. If you can’t imagine what this would be like and you want to write dudes who are jacked up on testosterone, we have projects like that, but it’s not this series. When you apply, we will ask you questions to confirm that you understand the psychology and can write these dynamics.
Other essential skills:
A positive, can-do attitude
The emotional maturity to take feedback and follow instructions
Attention to detail
Good communication skills (including staying in touch with us on email)
• We will pay you 3 cents a word. Each book in the series is about 60K- 80K words a piece, so that's about $1800-$2400 per book you complete (contingent upon bonuses for on-time completion).
• We expect you to deliver 20k words per week. We need these deadlines strictly adhered to. If you can deliver them faster, that's excellent.
• Feedback with edits, comments, etc. will be given for adjustments to be made to the work. You need to be aware that this is part of what we're paying for. We will not compensate you for work we find unacceptable/unusable.
• English level: Fluent (US dialect)
• Writing level: Expert
• Familiarity with Harem or Erotica genres
• Can follow a strict writing schedule
When responding, please include a short sample which best showcases your ability to write the genre you are applying for.
Typically, the first thing we will do is quickly look over your sample to determine if we'd like to proceed, so please be sure to attach something relevant to the position. While we appreciate that your skills may be transferable to writing in this genre, we simply don't have time for coaching or ramp-up. We need writers who can dive right in with minimal assistance, so please exclude yourself if you do not have any experience with Sci-fi.
When submitting your proposal, please introduce yourself, and answer the following questions:
1. Are you fluent in both written and spoken US English?
2. What is your ghostwriting experience?
3. Do you have experience writing Harem or Erotica? Please elaborate.
4. Which Harem writers/series have you read?
5. Are you capable of consistently delivering at least 20k words per week? Our publication dates are very important to us.
6. Have you ever written a novel before?
Due to the volume of response, please title your email 'Talented Writer Interested in Science Fiction Project’ else your email will be disregarded.
Thanks, and we look forward to hearing from you.